Last month our little man turned 6 months, and of course I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to celebrate…so we decided to have some fun! And in honor of Noah’s half birthday today I’m sharing “6 fun ways to celebrate 6 months!” Here are some of my favorite things you can do with your little on their special day.
- Balloon Play. I couldn’t resist getting a giant number balloon…what’s a half birthday (or any birthday for that matter) without a giant number balloon?! So Noah had a giant 6 balloon, and a little half birthday balloon to accompany it and watching him play with them was the best thing EVER! Who knew balloons were so entertaining.
- Bake a half cake and don’t forget the 1/2 birthday candle! I used my favorite white cake recipe, find it and a short-cut version here. Though it was mainly just a photo prop and for mom and dad’s enjoyment Noah was all about try to get his hands on it.
- Create Art! Another one of my favorite things to do and it never gets old. Mama Tip: mix greek yogurt and koolaid packets, works like a charm.
- Read the book Oscars Half Birthday. Such a cute story and it gave me the idea to have a birthday picnic in the park.
- Sing the Very Merry Unbirthday Song, since it’s not technically a birthday this makes total sense. 🙂
- Do something special that represents your babies half birthday month. Since Noah turned 6 months in October we decided to go to the farm to pick apples and pumpkins.
We stretched out our half birthday celebrations throughout the week, so we could really enjoy doing things like art and the farm. I’m a total believer in celebrating and making memories on the daily. Any excuse to have fun, right!? How do you celebrate your littles birthdays?